Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Progress!

Today would have been my fifteenth wedding anniversary.  (The first time I married him.)  We made it five, and the last year of that was mostly separation games.  I did text him "Happy Anniversary #1" earlier today, to which he responded.  "You too, you did put on a good buffet."  I replied with, "Yeah, at least there was that."  *smirk*  I also like to Happy Anniversary him on the divorce dates, which he doesn't find nearly as amusing.  (the point)

I paid the car off today!  VERY EXCITING!  Even if it is eleven years old now. :)  I knew when I bought it that it would be on it's last leg by the time I had paid it off, but I really (underlined three times) wanted this car.  If  she could make it through one more winter I would be ecstatic.  If she could just make it 6 months that would be great.

So I started thinking about life, and goals and such,  and how my life did not go down the path I thought it would.  My life has never been that way.  Ever.  Period.  I don't know if I can't find the right path, or if I just can't stay on the path when I do.  I give up.  These days I just wander aimlessly down my path never looking at any paths that jut off the main route.  Like Dorothy in Oz, however, I seem to have hit a fork in the road.  So now what?  Stay on this path and wind along as I have been, or take that path over there that wasn't on the map?   It heads into some forest and I can't see where it leads, but it would be an interesting change.  That is so not the point of this blog, but my mind goes where it will. 

The point is progress!  I am making some tangible progress in my goal of a home of my own.

1: Find a job where I can actually make the ends meet. ~ Accomplished.

2: No credit card use, period.   ~ Haven't touched them since January.

3: Pay off the car.   ~ Done!

Now we work on bringing the credit situation into a reasonable range.  Then put some more cashola into savings and Milkie and I can start looking for our own humble abode.  We like the one we have, but I would like my own gardens, a few less neighbors, and a D.O.G.  Shhhhhhhh we'll just spell that last one.  Shoot, she has her own blog, she can spell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment