Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wanted: Single Woman

The story you are about to read is true.  Names have been changed to protect the innocent and not so innocent.  If this little post becomes what it has the potential to grow into this is an awesome "how we met" story!

Once upon a time  (a month ago) I was innocently reading the feed on my Facebook page when I came upon this little gem from a long time friend of mine.

K:  Wanted: single woman who likes food, shark movies, and has big boobs.

Well, my smart mouth could not pass that one up, so of course I responded.

Me: I am laughing my head off at this.

W:  Damn, almost in.  I thought it said Shrek movies!

Me: lol I wanted to reply with "You rang?"  I'm sure he's east coast with K though, damn the luck!

K: Yeah, east coast.... you know... where it's WARM?

Me:  Well, to move to the east coast for a man I would need more than warmth, likes food, shark movies, and is a boob man.

I honestly thought that was the end of it, and I was just being sassy anyway.  Everyone who knows me knows I'm not out there looking for a relationship.  Later that evening this is added to the post.

D:  Since she posted that for me let me then ask what would you need? :)

I never in a million years thought whomever she was posting for was in any way serious or would respond.  The post gets much longer with lots of chat about who we are looking for in life, and ends with us friending each other and moving into the world of private messages.  We've been talking off and on this whole month, and did have plans to spend time next weekend together.......which, like an idiot I cancelled when my life just became too overwhelming.  I am going to chalk that one up to p.m.s. and be grateful that D (which is for Dave) is very kind and understanding.

Currently Dave is in Paris.  Yes, Paris.  Not the one in Texas.  Of course I am jealous as hell, and wish that I could have gone too.  He's been there several times, and I asked him if he would take a pic of the Eiffel Tower, just for me.  Which he did.   "I made a special stop at a certain location for a requested photo."  Was the message I got yesterday, then a text today with the picture, which is now on the wallpaper on my phone.  What a gorgeous spring day in Paris!

The man made a special trip to take a picture of the Eiffel Tower for me.  I think the least I could do would be to get him a Shamrock pizza this Friday night?  If I haven't totally blown it, that is.................

Stay tuned  ♥

2 comments: