Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Girl Power

Well score one for the little guy....... I mean the Queen of the World!  I spoke to the power company today, and landlord should have received his letter today also.  Until he gets an electrician in here and fixes the electrical entanglement, HE will be billed for all the power in both my, and my neighbors apartment.  The next meter read is tomorrow, so  HAHAHAHAHA.  I mean, no....that's what I meant. 

The gentleman I rent from thinks I'm a helpless female, who really needs a man to look after her.  It isn't his fault, I've cultivated that persona especially for him.  It gets things done around here.  He isn't the type you can "fire and brimstone" at and see results.  This time, however, he has crossed the line.  Lets just say I'm prepared for whatever his next move may be, and if I don't like it he's going to find out that I'm not helpless, and that I only play the game if I'm pretty sure I can win.  I didn't get the nickname "Queenie" for nothin'.

I may have mentioned that Steve has moved into his mother's house, and he now lives in the worst area of town.  It wasn't always that way, but has gone downhill over the last ten years or so.  He also is battling the slumlords in his neighborhood, trying to get things cleaned up.  This city allows these people to do whatever they please, and two things are obvious.  If the rent is paid you can do whatever you want to the neighborhood, without consequence, and that as long as the property taxes get paid the city doesn't give a damn about codes, violations, or anything else.  Hmmmmm......... I wonder if there is some sort of group out there I could join.  If there isn't, there should be.  Hmmmmmm......

If you happen to read this, and you are a slumlord......... Shame on you.  Shame. On. You.

No comments:

Post a Comment