Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Milk is in the Sink

This cat drives me bonkers!  

I have to keep the lid down on the toilet seat, or she will drink out of the toilet.  Drinking out of the toilet is frowned upon in this establishment!  I thought the battle was won, but it turns out she was just biding her time.

A few weeks ago Ms. Milkie  decided that she wanted to drink her water from the sink. Every time I used the bathroom sink she would hop in when I finished and lick water from around the drain. It escalated into her coming to find me every time she was thirsty so I could run water for her in the sink.  She stopped drinking out of her dish entirely.  There's no way she was getting enough water by just licking the drops in the sink, and I don't need another cat with urinary tract problems, so I stopped running water for her, thinking she would go back to her dish.  No, she just stopped drinking water......  Stupid cat.  (plus laying in the sink is her new favorite past time)

So we have come to a compromise.  Her water dish is now sitting on the sink.  Yes, I know one of us is going to knock it over and there's going to be a holy mess, but she will drink out of it there.  I just don't know what the heck else to do!  I also took away the remaining pieces of "The Box of Anger" this evening and put them in the trash........she is probably plotting my death as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment