Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Real Housewives of Superior

For reasons I can not say I will be using our pseudonyms in this blog.  Brandy T is me.....I have nothing to hide.  Sandy Hughitt would always like me to use that name, but I wont, and Boomer Cummings...well, she just likes the name way too much.  I prefer Carlette which was her first choice. 

Anyway, our evening began at Grizzlies.  Now I said we would not go back for Happy Hour there again, because the prices are just way to high, but my sister game me a gift card for my birthday so there you go.  I loved my titanic raspberry tea, and the fish sandwich there is always good.  Way too expensive compared to all the other places, but good.  The waitress kept hurrying us to pay, or "can I get you anything else?" because there was a line to get in.  That was annoying.  When we happy hour sometimes we can spend hours sitting and talking at one place.  Grizzlies would not be that place though, because of the prices.

Then we moved on to Aces.  Now before I get into THAT, I have to make a comment.  Grizzlies and Aces are priced a bit higher, and never ever have I been accosted at either one of them.  It's a different clientele, that have obviously learned manners at some point along the way.  The end.

So, we arrived at Aces, and right away we see Boomer's male friend who works there.  He's on his way out for the night, because as a rule only women are allowed to work the Friday/Sat night shifts.  Yes, that's true.  After talking with him we settle ourselves at a high table kind of near the corner out of the way.  Lots of guys watching the Brewers play ball, and I (who do not have cable) was happy to finally be able to see a game.  We have had issues with service at Ace's in the past and that's why we rarely go there.  It took about ten minutes for our gal to come over and take the drink order.  We all had the signature martini which mimic a cosmopolitan, but badly in my opinion. 

I'm busy watching the game, while we wait a pretty long time for our three drinks.  Suddenly though, I start to notice something.  The "hostess" caught my eye, or rather her obnoxious jacket did, and when I really looked at her I couldn't believe it.  Long blond curly hair, tight black short dress, boobs spilling out,  and a leopard print jacket covering it.  I turned to Sandy Hughitt and said, "Ha! Real Housewives of Superior."  To which Sandy replied.  "Oh my God, she goes to High School with my daughter."  Upon further inspection, she is no more than eighteen.  Yes, we are now wondering if you are supposed to be working, even as a hostess, in a bar when you are under age.  So now my interest is piqued and I start really looking around.  They are everywhere!  Young, long blond hair (mostly dyed) and extremely tight black dresses.  Boobs as far as the eye can see. 

As I stated above, I didn't care for the martini.  Not much alcohol in them so Sandy and Boomer decide to have another.  We wait.  We wait some more.  Real Housewives everywhere but in our corner.  Finally Boomer writes an S.O.S. note on a napkin (Dear Mysterious Stranger) and tosses it at her friend Adam(?) who is sitting near us at the bar, he flags one of the R.H. bartenders to get the drinks.  There is definite confusion among the R.H.'s and finally after much shaking out of the blond manes, and hair flipping, a young R.H. in training is sent over our way.  (This is tremendously amusing, but equally irritating to me.)

Finally the girls get their drinks, but this time no straw, no cherry.  Yeah, and at least from me, no tip. 

Boomer was wondering if I could run a poll on my blog, and I did used to be able to, but I don't see that function at the moment.  The question is.......   Would a man (because this is obviously targeted at YOU) rather sit and look at boobs all night and have bad service?  Or would he be happy with regular everyday competent women and good service.  I do have to mention there was one girl with short, dark hair, in a black (revealing) top and pants.  I never saw her serve anyone.

When I got home I saw an employment add for experienced servers at Ace's, and I laughed my head off.  They forgot to mention the blond hair, big boob requirement....... hmmm....if I dyed my hair...... not a chance. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment