Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Spring Breaking

This week the kids in our school district had "Spring Break".  That means there were goovers running wild all over the place!  In my old life that would mean extra kids, and older ones at that.  Why any parent would feel preschool is a good idea for an eight or nine year old is beyond me.  There are enough agencies that offer age appropriate programming..... I'm just sayin'.  Of course the older kids aren't going to behave in preschool, and can you blame them???  Anyway, I was glad to be out before this week arrived!

In my new life, it didn't really mean anything for me, except I had the chance to meet some new kids when they came in with their parents, including a lil dude who was just three days old!  I also got to flex my "Ruthie glare" at some unruly children, who immediately stopped what they were doing.  One beat feet to do some coloring and the other one ran to Mom. :)  I've still got it.

My Goovers were all over the place this week!  From the looks of his Mama facebook page TAFKAP was all over the city whooping it up with his pals.  A welcome break from homework I am sure!  Ashlyn and Hannah were up at Canal park, and playing in the water at the Edge.  Their youngest sister, Tater, was down in the Dells with a friend and her family at the water parks.  Apparently she was even at the House on the Rock. (Now I"M jealous too!)

 Cierra was just hanging with Mom, beepopping along.  BUT:  For the very first time I asked Cierra a question, and she answered me.  Answered me vocally.  Granted it was:  "CeCe, what does a cow say?"  The answer was correct: "Mooooooooooo"   Then her mother told me to try lamb, so I did, and the answer was  "Baa-Baa".  Now to some of you that might look small and mundane, but it was so huge I can't even put it into words!  A couple of weeks back Cierra had new tubes put in her ears, and since then she has been talking at school (mostly saying "Hi") talking more at speech at UMD, and now actually communicating things that she knows.  That end part is the big thing. 

Oh yeah, and that dang Ashlyn got her drivers permit.  HOW can she be that old already???  I've told her to let me know when she's ready and I'll let her take out a car with some REAL power behind it.  Yes, I am fully insured. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment