Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Teen Age Dream

I lost one of my teen age heart throbs this week.  Davy Jones passed away from a heart attack the day we finally got some snow.  My week is all screwed up, lets see....that would have been Wednesday.  While he wasn't my biggest teen age dream, he was one of the top five for sure.  I have been singing "Daydream Believer" in my head ever since I heard the news. He came here a few years ago and sang with the Duluth Symphony.  Kind of an odd combination, but I should have gone.  I would have liked to have seen him perform live at least once.  My youngest brother keeps reminding me of this, along with the comment "80's Joanie would be so disappointed in you."  Yep, she is.  More than likely the reason I didn't was that I couldn't find anyone to go with me.

Tonight I'm heading out with Vicki and Kate to see Rick Springfield at Black Bear.  That would be Vicki's obsession (I do mean obsession.  She once paid my way to Vegas just to see him in a show.) not mine.  While I do enjoy his music, this will be the third time I've seen him in concert, so there wont be any teen age ga ga blogs about it, like this time last year when I went to see Bo Bice.  *sigh*  Bo...... Don't worry, I'm not going to go off on a tangent about how the shadow of my head is on his leg in the picture I took while standing three feet directly below him at the stage. :) I'm just looking forward to getting together with this group of girls.  We always have a good time, no matter what we're up to.  Have some buffet, watch a good concert, excellent Saturday night!

On a side note, it snowed again.  Snowed another six inches actually.  Where was this crap in January???  We appear to be going backwards into winter, not forward into spring.  Although temps next week could hit fifty.  What a slushy, icky mess this is going to be.  It sure is purdy right now though!

Oh, and I went on another date with Bachelor #4 last night.  He's a very nice guy, and I had a great time.  The sleepover invitation was not issued, so we'll see if he quietly slips off into the night or hangs in. :)  I'm writing that knowing he's going to read it.  I told him (for better or worse) where the blog was.  I haven't friended him on facebook yet.  One step at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment