Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Well, it's about time the Northland got some snow!  Leave it to Mother nature to wait until the end of February to deliver.  I only hope it isn't the start of a trend, no one likes snow in April.  I'm not sure how much we've gotten so far.  The car looks to have about six inches on top of it, and there's a foot in the street.  The winds are strong, so the front porch is totally clear.  I'm betting the usual three foot drift is up against my garage door, which would be why I can see my car out my front window.  It's easier to leave it out and clean it off than to shovel out the garage and then hope for the best in the alley.  Usually the landlord will send over his crew (he owns a building company) to plow out the back, and they'll do the alley at the same time.

I started my new job yesterday, and that went well.  The silence was deafening.  I am used to so much more noise!  I was supposed to be working today, but got a snow day instead!  I will go in tomorrow on my day off to lend a hand, because I'm sure with the cancelled appointments from today and the shoveling, it's going to be a busy Thursday at the chiropractor.  As long as the kids don't get another snow day tomorrow I will also be swinging by the daycare in the morning (payday) to read and sing with them.

I wonder when this is supposed to settle down?  As soon as the snow quits I will bundle up, venture out, and dig out the car.  Perhaps make a snow angel or two?  Which of course makes me think of my Sammy Girl.  She would have LOVED this snow day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment