Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Garage Date

Our friend Melanie, who will be now known, at least to me, as Babyface Swanson, asked me to go on a little adventure with her today.  Babyface and Boomer are really big into the online garage sales on facebook, and she had a video cam up for sale, that a rather nefarious looking gent wanted to purchase.  In a seedy part of town, well...... down at the Anchor Bar.  She just wanted a little company, and since I am always up for a blogging opportunity, and am excellent with creepers in general, I agreed to tag along as backup.

Babyface already had one adventure with a woman she met on the online garage sales, and I likened it to online dating.  This time, she got stood up!  Better luck next time.  She did get some good fries, good tunes, and a good nickname though. 

When we sat down at the bar to wait for said gentelman the bartender asked to see Babyface's I.D.  I started laughing and said "Are you serious?"  She was, and Babyface had to go back out to her car and grab it, just to have water and french fries.  Babyface is actually in her thirties, has a good job, is married, and has a one year old.  She's definitely of age.  I'm jealous, I think I've maybe been carded once in my entire life!

Now Boomer and Babyface like to pull some goofy antics, and right after we got there Babyface had to run back to her car for some money for our snack.  Sitting alone at the bar it did cross my mind that it was some set up of one kind or another.  I fully expected some big goon to come in and start hitting on me.  Boomer punking me would not be a surprise. :)  I was glad when she returned!

No comments:

Post a Comment