Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

My favorite season, no question about it, is fall!  I love the crisp days and cool nights, the colors, the smells, the food!  Battening up the hatches and tightening down the sails for winter.  Even those cold, rainy, dreary 30mph wind off the lake days don't bother me, unless that is all our fall turns out to be, and sometimes that does happen.  That sucks.  I even don't mind raking. (She says sitting in her apartment where she doesn't have to.) Really, if you need help give me a call, a rake, and some good coffee.  I'm your girl!  Disclaimer: I have an ipod and I will sing and dance in your yard.  I can't help it.

Although fall is my favorite season, right now, the time between summer giving up and fall taking over is my "Most Wonderful Time of the Year."  The hot sun can't help but give up to cooler nights, and some can get downright crisp.  There's a snap in the air in the morning, and although the leaves are still green, you just know it's coming.  Geese have been flocking up for a couple of weeks now, and soon we'll see the smaller birds gathering.  The garden is giving as fast as you can pick, and the anticipation of apple cider, and apple crisp dances on the edge of my mind.  Enjoying the last of the lemonade vodka drinks, knowing I'll be switching to the coffee/baileys/whiskey/kahlua drinks soon.

Just thinking about it makes me long for fall.  Trading the tank tops for sweaters, capri's turn into jeans.  Snuggling into my favorite sweats when I get home from work.  Hot bubble baths and a good book.  Bring it on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment