Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Year 41

I thought I'd like to write a blog about the year that was.  Now, as I'm staring at the "blank page" I'm thinking, not so much.  It sucked.  Rocks.  Big time.  Once again my mettle was tested, and I came out on top, but I already know these things about myself.  The steel rod that my spine has become, not by choice, was bent just about to the breaking point, yet here I am.  It took a very, very long time this time around, but here I am.

Stronger...... no doubt.
Wiser......probably.
More jaded......is that possible?

Sometimes, like Pollyanna, I try to play the glad game.  There are positive things that happen every day, even if it's just that you have one more day to see the sunset, the stars, the moon.  During this year I have had the chance to reconnect with a couple of very special people, and to spend more time just having fun and enjoying life with my friends than I have in years.

I have learned a couple of things about myself that actually surprised me, but those would fall into the "private" category. (I KNOW, can you believe I don't tell you everything?  With the stuff I do tell, can you imagine what I leave out?)  Anyway, I will tell you the most important thing I've come to find out.  I can do this on my own, and I love being on my own.  Just about my entire life has been centered around some man and what they think, plan, do, like, etc, etc, at nausium.   I've finally reached the point where I have been truly able to shift my thinking to focus on myself first.  That doesn't mean I don't date, I do on occasion.  I have a few really close male friends too, nice guys who are actually managing to show me a different side to men than I'm used to seeing.

The best part of year 41?  That one falls into the "I'm not telling" catagory, but it has something to do with bees. :)  That and remembering that you can always find the positive, if you look hard enough, and THAT my friends is what you need to focus on!

No comments:

Post a Comment