Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Rest

The vacation story was rudely interrupted by the birthday of Ashlyn.  Sorry about that!  Now it's almost been a week since my vacation so I'll have to think about the highlights.

Lets see, we went to the aquarium, then ate at


I sat outside while the other girls did some shopping here.  NO I couldn't bring myself to go in.


We shopped while we waited for our names to be called at the Rainforest Cafe.  Then we hung around the gift shop.  Here's Kate, hanging around.

We decided to split the appetizer platter, and then order a "Volcano" for dessert.  It's brownie and ice cream, and whipped cream.  Here it is!
This is what we did to it!  It was very sad that we had to waste a section of brownie, but we were SO FULL!  We just needed a fourth to finish it up.

After that we wandered purposefully up to the second floor of the mall.  Have I ever mentioned that I am terrified of escalators?  I always feel like I'm going to fall.  We had to have gone up/down 10 at least.  I always make myself do it, but man I hate it.  Anyway, we went to find the store "Marbles" where our cousin Natalie "works."  It's a brain store full of games, and I put the parenthesis around "works" because she does an awful lot of playing at her job!  I walk up to the store and I see her playing "rock, paper, scissors" with another employee and some customers.  I peek around the register and surprised her with "Nice to see you hard at work Natalie!"  The look on her face was priceless.  Picked up something cool for The Artist Formerly Known as Pablo for Christmas.

After that we decided to call it a day.  The mall used to have a lot of really cool stores to browse through, but it seems like they are mostly clothing stores now.  Steve and I could easily hang out there for a whole day and not get bored.  The drive back through the cities was gorgeous at sunset, tried to capture it with the camera, but it didn't turn out well.  We also saw the coolest "angel" coming out of the clouds.  I tried several times to get it with the phone cam, but it was just too dark. 

Upon arriving home I kicked Vicki and Katy's butt's at Meg's Mythology trivia contest.  Even with Meghan trying to cheat and help her mother win.  Then the kids were off to bed and the three of us ended our night on the deck, visiting and hottubbing under a clear, crisp, starry sky.

Me, Vicki, Kate
We headed home about noon on Sunday.  It was an amazingly fun time, and I hope it doesn't take six years to do it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment