Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Birthday Post Script

I tried to post Ashlyn's birthday blog last night when I wrote it, but blogger was driving me bonkers.  I was able to get into it on my break this afternoon and sent the post from my phone.  Of course by that time I had rethought the entire blog and had other pictures that I wanted to add.  Well, actually the blog last night was supposed to end with this picture, but it wouldn't load. 

All day today the song "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks has been floating around in my head.  I've been dangerously close to tears a couple of times. 
♫ Children get older, and I'm getting older too ♫  It isn't because I'm getting older, I'm looking forward to 42.  When Ashlyn's birthday arrives I know that I have one month left at my current age.  This particular year has not been fabulous, I'm anxious to see what the next one will bring me. 

I think it's just that Rojo Diablo is growing up so fast.  I want to grab her and make her stop.  I love the woman she is growing into, but I miss the little girl who used to call me "Uncle Joanie". 
Happy birthday Ash, here are a couple of "better" pictures of you!!  ;)  Make a fish face for the camera and you know it's going to show up somewhere!

All my love, forever,
                                Auntie Pig Nose

No comments:

Post a Comment