Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Milkie


Happy 5th Birthday Milkie!

I have tried and tried to get her actual birthday, but to no avail.  When Milk and I met on Thanksgiving 2009 I believe that she was three years old, so I know that sometime before this Thanksgiving rolls around she will be five.  I'm bored today, so we decided that August 7th would be a fine day for a birthday!  She loved her little princess crown.  Really, she did!  With her temperament I can't believe that she puts up with this stuff.  I think she likes to pose for the camera.  She has gone back to her beauty rest now, I'll see her again somewhere around my bedtime.
This morning when I woke up I was really struck by the difference between my other cats and Milkie.  When I would make any kind of a move in the morning Misty and Pepper would pounce, crying and carrying on for food, attention, or nothing in particular.  Sometimes I would fake sleep just to keep the little demons at bay.  When I woke up this morning Milkie jumped onto the end of the bed.  I smiled at her and motioned for her to come and be petted, and was met with a look that totally said "Great, she's up."  She sauntered over for a pat or two and then jumped up into the window to look at whatever she was after in the first place. 

Milk found me later in the morning when she wanted to play, because it's still all on her terms, and I'm fine with that.  We take things slow around here, and little by little the trust is building.  I have been able to pet her belly, and I haven't seen her teeth in weeks.  When she gets up later I have a special nip treat that I've been saving for just such an occasion.  The Milkster loves her nip!

No comments:

Post a Comment