Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

House Swap

This weekend I will be staying at my sisters'  house and watching Sky (the dog) while Kate, Tom, and CeCe go visiting in LaCrosse Wisconsin.  We used to have family there, at the convent, (yes, nuns) but they are both gone now.  It's a beautiful place, and I enjoyed visiting St. Rose Convent too. (Yep, I really did.) Tom still has a relative there, and a family friend is in residence also.  They'll be gone from Friday to Monday, so I get to live my life from the comfort of central air and mmmmmm junk food!

My cousins, Melanie and Les, will be up in the Northland again this weekend at another art fair.  This time Copper Moon Pottery will be down at Bayfront.  You really should check them out!  They asked if they could have a spot on my floor, and since I'm out of the apartment I was able to do them one better!  I agreed to trade my queen sized bed for an awesome green berry bowl!!  I will post pics and you will be jealous!  So they get to stay here with Milkie in the un-air conditioned apartment, and eat....well, I warned them to bring food. :)  There are plenty of eggs, and bread.  Perhaps a hamburger patty in the freezer?  Oh, and some bags of not so fabulous chips on top of the fridge that I pack in my lunches.  I just don't keep a lot of food around, it tends to go bad with only one person eating it, and she isn't home half of the time.

I hope that the Milkster will be o.k. with this.  Melanie and Les are animal lovers, and have several cats of their own, so I think it will all be good.  If she's mad she'll just hide and shred the box when they leave.  We haven't had any biting incidents in weeks............

No comments:

Post a Comment