Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sassy Six!



Tomorrow, August 2nd, our baby turns six!  Caitlin Ruthmarie is off to first grade in the fall, but no worries there.  This is one lil chick who can handle whatever comes her way!  As I'm writing this I can hear thunder rumbling in the distance, and that's appropriate because we had awful weather the day she was born.  A tornado warning even, and that is rare for here.  Perhaps it was more of a commentary on the little bean who was coming into our lives than a weather statement?  Tater the Tornater. ;)

I see pieces of myself in each of the girls, but this firecracker reminds me the most of myself as a child.  That devil may care, spit in your eye attitude that got me grounded every time I turned around, is working just about as well for her.  I love her spirit, I love her smile, I love that she snuck a hot dog into the stew pot.  I totally agree, stew is awful!  I wouldn't have been brave enough to do that to my Mom though, her Mom laughed, I would have been t.o.a.s.t. 

Happy birthday my sweet sassy six year old.  Where does the time go?  I love you, my wild, willful, wonderful girl!  Don't you dare ever change!

No comments:

Post a Comment