Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Homeless (H.H.W.T)

Well, I promised to tone this part of my blog down..... so here are the facts.  We will no longer be giving The Shack in Superior, WI our business.  In the process of re-structuring they have chosen to boot out some very dedicated employees.  That, of course, is their right as an owner.  We, as patrons, also reserve the right not to spend our money, or encourage our friends to spend their money in your establishment.  The end.

So now we really are floating around out there looking for a home base!  Our night began across the bridge in Duluth, MN.  There's a new bar/restaurant that we have wanted to try, located in the old Grandma's in West Duluth.  It's called G.B. Schneider's and it is FABULOUS!  We went inside to check out the atmosphere, very comfy and cozy looking.  Then of course we sat out on the patio with the smokers.  Which is funny because I'm allergic to smoke and was delighted when they were booted outside...... 

The people were warm and friendly, and the server (Jon) was knowledgeable and chatty, which we like.  The fish sandwich (talapia) was flaky, juicy, and very good.  I wont miss the Shack's at all now that I've found this.  The fries were good.....the same fries you get everywhere.  Good happy hour offerings, excellent prices, great food.  The only complaint comes from Lisa.  How can Miller Lite not be in your happy hour pricing??? (edit by Kerri:  They have Miller lite on TAP, not in the bottle as Lisa prefers....something else about the waiter being sexual chocolate......) We will definitely be back.  Looks like a cozy winter home for sure.

When we finished up at G.B's we headed back to Superior to check out Keyport.  For some reason we always overlook this place, but no more!  They have a deck added on now and we sat out there for a drink (vodka w/pink lemonade mmmmmmm) and perused their menu.  Good happy hour deals, excellent prices, so we will be going back for dinner one of these weeks.  Close to home, so that may be where we ultimately land.

It was a LONG night for me, as I am fighting an awful cold.  I took off work early and took a two hour nap before even heading out.  After Keyport we headed over for a Barry fix at V.I.P.  Spent at least an hour there playing "Pass the Pigs" which we used to play at the cabin as kids, and Heidi came and joined us at that point.  We wandered across the street to "Third Base" bar, because Kerri's hubby was there, but he had left.  That was a little "seedy".  We didn't stay.  Stopped in at Charlie Brown's in Billings Park (speaking of seedy....) and then walked down to Jimmy's where we did stay for a drink.  I think I was home by eleven.  I should also mention that all this wandering around was done in the rain.  Did I mention that I have a bad cold?  That was not a smart idea, and I'm suffering for it today.

I did leave my blog info on the comment card at G.B. Schneiders.  Hopefully they'll stop by and check this out.  If you haven't tried them I highly recommend that you do! 

I think next week we are returning to the Kounty Quarthouse since Lisa missed out on that one.  It's either that or Keyport. Then we have at least one week off as Kerri and I will both be out of town the last weekend in August.  That's the weekend I'll be taking you along to the Twin Cities with my "other" girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment