Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Fifty Shades of Red

I suppose if these things didn't happen to me I wouldn't have anything to write about.........

What should read as:  Had a nice dinner with Sandy Hughitt last night, and finally remembered to get the "Grey" trilogy from her, so I can see what all the fuss is about.

Reads as this:  Finally got the Grey books from Sandy, set them on the passenger seat of my car and headed home.  Three or four blocks down the road I see an extremely religious friend of mine, with her teen-aged daughter, walking along.  I know they don't drive, live about a mile from where they were, and my friend had a knee brace on, so of course I stopped to give them a ride. 

As I am moving the three books (forgetting what they were about) into the backseat so she can sit down I ask what they're up to over this way, and of course the answer is church. (choir) That is about the time I realize what I have in my hand and I quickly tuck them on the back seat (next to the teenager) and toss my (thank God I brought it) hoodie over the top of them! 

After I dropped them off I noticed that all three titles were visible........ lets just hope the religious teen isn't as savvy as this religious teen was. ;)

Ey yi yi!

As for the books, well...... I am eighty pages into the first one and nothing exciting to report.  If these weren't so popular and I didn't have to know what everyone is talking about, it isn't something I would read.  She isn't a particularly great author and the story isn't grabbing me.  I am betting that I've read steamier, plus I have heard way to many "My Grandma read that!" stories, and it has me a little weirded out. :)  I will, of course, report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment