Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

In Memory Of

I have so many things to blog about the last few days and the weekend isn't over yet!  I'm going to take the toughest one first and get it out of the way, because that's how I roll. :)

In my last blog I talked about how difficult it would be for me to attend a class reunion knowing that Wally would not be there, especially without the rest of that group of friends.  The not knowing how I would handle it, and not knowing how the reunion committee was going to handle it probably were the biggest things on my mind. 

Instead of blah blah blahing about all of it, just let me say THANK YOU.

The committee set up a table, kind of off to the side (Oh you know the group I was with sat right next to it.........but I put my back to it) so you could go and look, and it was a part of everything, but very tasteful and respectful.  There were pictures, and a beautiful poem (thanks Ronda) and candles lighting the entire table.  It was very thoughtfully done, and very much appreciated. 

I didn't actually face it until almost the end of the night.  Periodically I would sneak a look around at the other pics, and of course of his, and it was o.k.  In a strange way comforting to be able to see his face, while knowing for sure that in spirit he was there too.  I knew I needed to go up there, read the poem, and pay my respects to all of those that we have lost, because there comes a time when you just have to face things.

I was actually standing near, contemplating this, and who I was going to rope in to going with me, when Ronda appeared and asked if I had read the poem she wrote for our classmates who have passed on.  She was concerned about what I thought about the memory area, if it was o.k., etc.  I said that I hadn't read the poem, and hadn't even really looked at the table yet, but was working up to it.  She just took my hand and said lets go, so we did. 

Sometimes people come along just at the right time, and I've never thought that was coincidence.  Thanks Ronda, I owe you one, and again, you did a beautiful job!

No comments:

Post a Comment