Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Deck at Dodgie's

If you know me, you know that I am not a fan of Dodgie's.  Not the person, he's a nice guy, the bar itself.  It's just not my style, and I usually don't hang out there.  I've never been back as far as the deck, so I didn't realize what a nice area that is!  Great place to spend the evening hanging out at the reunion.  We sat in the way back, and I placed myself (no....not totally where I could see Greg Jarvis... that was just a bonus.....) where I could see the door, and pretty much everyone and everything that was going on.  I love to people watch, and I'm sure I could tell something interesting if I knew WHO these people were!

I pretty much stuck with the same group of people, mingled a bit, got to see Sarah Sweeny,(Apparently I am her favorite facebooker, although she didn't ask for my autograph.....)  Kevin Honz, and Wayne Eng, who I don't think were there the night before.  I had more meaningful conversations with the people I did see, and to me that's always a bonus.  Then later in the evening while standing on the deck I heard my name, looked up, and there was MARIE!  If there was one person I hoped to see, she was it.  Thanks for coming down girl!  You made my night.  Now if I had only brought a scrabble board.....  Plus, I can't forget the conversation with Wendy Dalbec.  I am SO glad you came!

I rarely get to see my cousin, Sue Lenihan, and was so glad she and her husband Brian were able to make it up for the day, and that we were able to have a chunk of time to spend together and catch up!

This is probably going to seem rude, and I'm debating writing it, but it is a sad fact.  "That group of people" are still that group of people.  They have their clique and they don't break it to even smile and nod at anyone outside of it.  I didn't need their validation then, although I remember them as friendlier, and I certainly don't now.  I just find it funny that they still don't get it.  In all fairness I suppose I'm just as bad, I certainly didn't head on over to chat with any of them, and I do know them.  (Side note to Kelli.......this would be your "other" group of friends lol)  Example:  Somewhere later in the evening I went to the "ladies".  There was a small line, and one of them walked in.  No smile, no hello, just a crab ass look on her face and a loud "Hurry the hell up and pee." to the person in the stall.  I turned my back to her, because it just wasn't worth the time it took to think up the words, but I did think, "One word while I'm in there sister.........one word." 

It would have been interesting because although I didn't drink most of the evening, that would have been about ten minutes after having a kamikaze that Lisa Drahota handed me.  It was blue, and yummy, and WHAT the heck is in those things??

After Lynn and Greg ( So nice to finally meet him!)  left we headed inside and I sat in the back area at the poker table.  Visited with a lot of people coming and going, but again I had the best time with that little group of folks who I already know well. (Deb, Kelly, Harvey, Dave) The Lisa's joined us, and I got to listen to some interesting Republican discussions between Lisa Nelson and Mike Soyring, not an argument, they are both Republican, and it was educational. Harvey Vincent was between them shooting me looks, and then he moved his chair over between me and Mike. "Well Jo.." he began with a twinkle in his eye. I immediately cut him off with a whisper. "Do NOT out the liberal." :)  Then we all headed over to Perkins, and I got home at 3:40 this morning.      
                                           
The best part of Perkins wasn't the drunks falling asleep in the booth next to us, it was the 23 year old who hung out with us at Dodgie's and came along for the ride to Perkins.  I'm fairly certain in his inebriated state he thought he was going to get lucky with some very fine "older" ladies...... not that they led him on or anything.....poor Russell.  I couldn't believe it when I saw him walking in the door.  "They kidnapped Russel!"  I really want to know how that story ended! 

Oh, and I did get to see the Beecharmer.  ♥  You rock!

So.......... all in all I'm glad I went, although there were long gaps of time during it where I was wondering why on earth I was there.  If nothing else, I got to see Greg Jarvis....... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment