Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

End Of An Era

Finally! I am no longer employed by the YMCA. Ok, technically I'm on vacation til the end of the week, but I'm not "working" there any longer! It's a weird feeling, elation mixed with relief, a little sadness, and a bit of apprehension. This is a big step out of my comfort zone! No matter how I feel about working there, it was familiar anyway.

I have given up my full time, full benefit, (including retirement) four week vacation job so that I can do something I love. Mind you, the old job probably wont exist in six months anyway so that's kind of a moot point. It might not look like bettering myself on paper, but believe me, it's for the better. I get to teach again, and it's what I do best. I get to be part of a team, and be surrounded by people with a positive attitude about what they do. I get to be a VALUED employee. Most importantly I can respect the people I work for, and myself for working there, and that's all I have to say about that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment