Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Got Milk?


Well, I have gone and done it. Here she is folks, the infamous Got Milk. We call her Milky, or Miss Snooty Pants which really fits her to a T. I would like to change her name, but Milky just really fits her for some reason. I toyed with Molly, or Millie, but they just don't seem to fit.

Leon called yesterday afternoon to tell me they were on the way, and that Milky was in the front seat and NOT happy about it. "Maybe you should bring a box or something out when I get there." Hmmmm..... at the vet they wrap cats in a big towel if they're fractious. I contemplated using the new blanket Ti-Ti got her for Christmas, but Milky is really strong, and has a temper. All I could envision was me in tears, Leon yelling, and Milky running off down the snowy street. So I grabbed an AVON box and hoped for the best. That must have been an interesting car ride, with the unhappy cat in front and the dog in back who couldn't fathom why "that damn cat" was coming along.

Surprisingly it went as smooth as butter. Popped her in the box, scurried quickly into the house and let her out. She was glad to see me, rubbed up all over me, and started to explore. I filled up her new dishes and her new litter box, fed the dog, and settled down on the kitchen floor with both of them. Milky seemed genuinely happy to be here, but Sam was pissed. She moped for about an hour on the kitchen floor after finishing her dinner.

Leon always says Milky hates him, but if he could have seen her desperately trying to follow him and Sam when they left later last night he would know that isn't the case. She sniffed the door, she pawed the door, then she paced the house and kept running back to the door. Everything was o k when we went to bed though. She and I are old friends, and we've shared covers on several occasions. I can already tell that the bottom of the bed on the opposite side is going to be her spot in the house. She claimed it immediately and anytime I look for her that's where she's hanging out.

I had a bit of holiday cooking to do today and every time I was in the kitchen she was playing between my feet. It's nice to have company in the house. However, when I started taking loads to the car she tried like heck every time to get out the back door. :( I don't know if she was trying to run off, or come with. However, she was hiding under the bed when I got back. Poor baby. Gee, wait til next week when I'm gone a night or two and the girls are here a night or two. She'll have her country bags packed and ready to go!

So Milky and I are working on our first goal. Drinking out of the toilet is frowned upon in this establishment! I have to remember to put the seat down EVERY time, because she continually checks. Milky needs to learn that water bowls are the appropriate place to hydrate. :) Wait til she finds out that she's going on a diet! We'll leave that one until she's more settled in.

When I thanked Leon for giving me Milky it went like this: Thanks for giving me the cat...... I think. He laughed. I continued with, "I don't know if she will be my baby, or my nemesis, but she'll be company anyway."

Today she has been great company. It takes my mind off of things for a moment, although honestly there have been a lot of tears shed in the past two days for my kitties. Nothing can, or ever will replace them, but I have space left in my heart and home for Milky.

No comments:

Post a Comment