Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super!


Well here we are, Super Bowl Sunday!! I am starting mine with some bacon, cause that's how I roll! I wish they would play this game at noon on Sunday, or better yet Saturday night. I never feel like going out on Sunday evenings, it's definitely a time for snuggling in at home to enjoy the last few minutes of peace before it all begins again.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do to celebrate. I have a couple of options, and I'll just go where the mood takes me. That could very well mean watching it in the comfort of my own living room, although it would be more fun to at least go over to Kate's. I have several hours to decide.

So there he is, Aaron Rodgers, the man of the "hour". Will he be able to lead us to victory?? I really think so. I love his quiet confidence and strength. Every game this year, besides the one against Seattle, has been a nail biter, and I expect the same from this one. He is calm, cool, and collected, and gets the job done.

Living up here in way northern Wisconsin we don't get the Wisconsin news media. All of that comes from Minnesota. This has been a week of whining on the air waves, and I'm glad that's going to be over. Haters. While I am no Viking fan, I can't even root for them when they play the Bears, if they ever (quiet chuckling) make it to the Super Bowl again, I would let the fans celebrate and keep my big mouth shut. It's a great achievement, why rain on someone's parade? Sour grapes, that's all. (The sour grapes is for my cousin Ray, who continually uses that phrase on me when I diss the Vikings. WHAT exactly I am jealous of, I do not know. Actually, he just likes to torment me.)

One cute thing that happened this week: The kids at UCC were building a structure in the block area. They said it was for me, and it was the Packers! lol I assume, from the shape of it that it was Lambeau field. Very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment