Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Moonstruck"

I just finished watching the movie "Moonstruck". I saw it in the theater when I was a kid, and I don't think I have watched it on cable, or rented it even one time in all these years. After seeing it again I realize it is definitely in my top 10 favorites! I like it enough to own it, and I own very few movies.

There are so many things I could blog about this movie, the Twin Towers featured so prominently in the skyline, the beautiful moon, the family aspect, or the lovers. I'm choosing one small part to focus on. It's a brief discussion between Loretta and her mother when the mother finds out Loretta is engaged. Even though I hadn't seen the movie in all these years, I have always remembered the line.

"Do you love him Loretta?" "No, Ma." "Good, cause when you love them they drive you crazy."

Ain't it the truth?

I don't think I could be in a relationship with someone I didn't love, although it sure would make things a hell of a lot easier. I've never felt it was fair to the other person. We all deserve someone who loves us, just the way we are. Otherwise, what's the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment