Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Runnin' on Empty

Wow! I am exhausted. I still haven't recovered from playing Mommy dearest for a few days to my nieces. I should have gone to bed early with the little goovers, but I couldn't resist staying up and having slumber party fun with Ashlyn! Who could turn down Rock Band 3, or Monopoly? We even watched Christmas Vacation, which she had never seen, on Saturday night. That was probably the earliest bedtime for us, somewhere around eleven. If I hadn't been visited by the sleepwalker, the lost pillow child, one cat dropping mouse toys by my head, and another cat just starting nose to nose with me, during the course of the night, perhaps I would be better rested.

My new job is kicking my butt to be sure. I'm just not used to this many kids at once anymore. It's what I used to do every day, so I'll catch up, but WOW. That was all she could say, wow. ( Kids book reference, anyone know it?) I knew all their names by 10 a.m. yesterday, but I still get them confused. I'm used to knowing the kids in my care inside out, backwards, and upside down. These guys are a mystery. One that it will take a little time to unravel, since there are so many of them!

Yesterday I came home and promptly fell asleep. I'd like to take a nap today, but I'll either stay up too late, or wake up in the night like I did last night. I am enjoying getting done at 3:30 though! I'll enjoy it even more in the warmer months.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will get used to all those kiddos very quickly! Just take it one day at a time and remember where you used to be and how much happier you will be away from it all. :) Soon enough you will know these kids inside out, backwards, and upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting there, slowly but surely. I'm already much happier, and once I get the lay of the land I'll be a lot less stressed!

    ReplyDelete