Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Little Cabin


It's snowing again! Let me clarify, it is "snowing to beat the band". Visibility for driving on the way home was about two blocks. It's the kind of snow that piles up fast, and makes me long for a mountain cabin, a fireplace, and a good pair of cross country skis! Snowshoes wouldn't hurt either. Add in some good booze, reading material, my dog, cat, a good snuggler, and life would be just about perfect. Ok, it can't be just any old snuggler. I'm still at the point where only a certain one will do. BIG SIGH and rolling my eyes at myself.

That is so not the point of this blog, and it's trying to be. Bah, go away!

The point, or question that is rolling around in my mind is this. Am I a country girl, or a city girl? When I was a child I was a country girl, all tomboy and proud of it! I grew up into more of a city girl, or at least I pretend to be. I love the convenience of the city, but I so enjoy the peace of the country. I admit it, I like to play in the dirt. I loved riding the lawn mower and the four wheeler. Bon fires are awesome! Listening to the wind in the trees and the babbling of the stream, standing on the front steps at 3 am without a stitch of clothing on a hot summer night, looking at the stars....... well, you can't do that in the middle of the city! Ok, you could but you'd get arrested. Tossing rotten eggs across the stream into a hole in a tree was more fun than anything the city has to offer me, plus I am the champion. ;)

Maybe the question is not whether I am city or country, but can I commute? That would be a huge stretch for this Queen, who can time to the last second exactly how long she can stay in bed in the morning. I get everything possible done at night so that I can sleep every last second away. A commute would be irritating, especially on a night like tonight with all of the snow. So I guess what we've figured out here in this little chat is that I need to find a way to live in the country, and work in or close to home! Hmmmmm or make enough money to have two homes. Yeah, not being a preschool teacher, that's for sure! Pick up that novel and work on it dummy!!!

I can visualize it. Me, the cabin, pets, snow, fireplace, all of it. If you can dream it, you can be it! You just have to stop dreaming, and start working toward the goal. Eyes on the prize my dear. Eyes on the prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment