Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wild Card

Are you ready for some football???

My team, the Green Bay Packers, are up against Michael Vick and the Eagles today. I used to be a fan of the Eagles, but I am no fan of Michael Vick. Some people deserve another chance, some don't. I hope he continues to make the most of his, but not today!

While my parents were not football fans, I have always loved the game. Sunday's were spent down at Vicki's house watching football with her and her dad. We called him Pop. He was a huge Viking fan, as is Vicki. This never swayed my love for the home team, Green Bay. It was fun rooting against the Vikings while I grew up, and it has continued with Vicki to this day. We used to have a super secret bet on the Packer/Viking games, but that fizzled out a few years ago. If her husband checks this blog (and I doubt it) it is secret no more.

I really enjoyed watching Brett Favre's career grow at Green Bay. He is just two weeks younger than I am, so I really appreciate all the Grandpa/age comments floating around out there. :) We kind of "grew up" together, he actually broke the touchdown record on my birthday a few years back, and it broke my heart when he decided to play for the Minnesota Vikings. How could it not be a slap in the face? How? He knew full well it would be. I loved watching him play for the Jets, a team I could root for. While I admit I enjoyed watching the fall of Favre after he joined the Vikings, it sickens me that this is how his career ends. Instead of the fresh face young man running around like a nut on the field, winging the football any which way AND loose, but almost always to victory, I think of the old worn out Viking and his very questionable morals. I don't judge, I'm just saying how do you not think these things are going to stay quiet???

That being said, I now love watching Aaron Rogers lead this team. He is cool, confident, and gets the job done. Clay Matthews ROCKS, and I'm looking forward to seeing him sit Michael Vick down on his butt several times today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment