Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Hand me the Cream

A few weeks ago, when clearing out my desk at the Y I put a large tube of hand cream into my purse. When I did this I thought "Don't put it there, you will never remember to take it out and something bad is going to happen." Why do I never listen? I am so stubborn I wont even listen to myself!

So of course I go into my purse and take out the wallet to pay the AVON bill online, and when I get back to the desk I notice a white smear on the front of my sweater. I think, "What the heck did I get into from the table to here?" Then I smell it. It happens to be a return that I kept for myself, and I don't really care for the smell. Lucky me. Off I go to investigate the damage. Already I can see that the wallet has a bit on it, and that's where I picked it up from.

I have at least 20 pieces of random paper in my purse, so I figure I'm safe. Do I not know how these things always go? I thought maybe the top came off, and just a little came out. Sometimes I amaze myself with my naivete. The entire end of the tube blew off when I clunked my purse (or feed bag as it has been called) down at some point. Not one piece of paper in my purse had even a speck of hand cream on it. It was all on the calendar, calculator, brush, comb, and the little purse for feminine supplies that I keep in there. That got the worst of it. The inside of my purse also had a liberal supply smeared around on it. How did it miss the paper??? Well, if we play the Pollyanna " Glad" game, at least I have a clean purse. What a day. Pass the rum please.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, dear! Not cool. So sorry! Reminds me of the time a not quite closed bottle of orange juice destroyed the contents of my purse. Luckily, my cell phone wasn't in there. Here's hoping for a better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's something I would NEVER put in my purse. Murphy's Law just applies to strongly to me. lol I also never put my cell into the vast depth of the purse. It has it's own pocket there if it isn't in my pants pocket. :)

    ReplyDelete