Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Vacation

No, I'm not going on a vacation. I wont have any paid vacation time for a year, and then it will only be a week, so unless I win the lottery there wont be any vacation in the near, or far, future. Today I received my very last paycheck from the YMCA. My vacation check!! Three weeks of rest and relaxation in the form of cold hard cash. It's the biggest check I've ever gotten from them, and it goes immediately into the "cabin" fund. Not for a cabin really, but for a home of my own. Shovel my OWN walk, cut my OWN grass, have my OWN garden, and when the cops come it will be all for ME. lol

Not five minutes after writing my last blog there was a lot of hoopla around here, complete with the police. I didn't have the TV on, so it was hard to miss the drama. Some one arrived, banged on the neighbors door, said "Can ya help me out?" and went upstairs. Lots of yelling and banging around followed. Two squad cars pulled up, then a paddy wagon, and suddenly the someone who was visiting my upstairs neighbors was fleeing out the back door. *sigh* So all night when I let Sam out I felt uneasy because I didn't know exactly what had happened or if the person on the lam would return.

I did get my snuggler, my dog, my cat, and my snow, but the peace and serenity are a ways off. I am longing for a garden, I want to be able to have a dog(s) full time, I am tired of being semi involved in the neighbors nonsense, and I've had enough of landlords to last me the rest of my life! I want a home of my own dammit!! So now I have a clear goal to work towards, and work I shall. Nose to the grindstone and summer 2012 is not unrealistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment