Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring!


Well, I guess that spring has arrived, although if you look out my window it looks more like late fall. The temps are in the low 30's, there are small clumps of snow, lots of dead grass showing, and it's raining. When I just put the car in the garage the wood stove smell was strong in the air. Definitely November type weather. O.k, in reality it's definitely March/April and sometimes even May weather here. The season of spring usually escapes us, or shows up for a week around June 1. It rains most of the time, and we actually have a blizzard watch for the middle of next week. It just better stay in the middle. I want no nonsense around Friday. I am going to see .38 Special and BO BICE!! More on that later.....

My facebook friends who grew up here, but live in warmer climates now are bragging about their 70 degree days, and I admit, at the moment I am jealous. When they are crying about the heat later in the season, I will be the one chuckling. I do know what real spring is like. When we went to Oregon WI for Easter we would actually get to wear our cute dresses and bonnets with a little white sweater. No snow pants or winter coat required then. I did actually experience a whole real spring once, the year I lived in Madison as a nanny. It was awesome! The beauty of nature unfolding after the winter, and the temps to enjoy it. Enough rain for things to grow, but not weeks on end so all you have is mud. Also, once the snow was done, it was done. No rouge April blizzards to muck up the works. I remember a late April snow day in the mid 80's, and I also remember a canceled late April Easter trip in the early 90's.

My cousin Val is sitting down there in Florida this week, soaking up the rays and enjoying the spring time! Hope she has a fancy umbrella drink for me. She offered to stuff me in a suitcase and pay the fee, but I just couldn't miss BO BICE!!! Maybe I'll get a snow day AND Bo Bice in the same week. Hey, a girl can dream! Dream while she goes to Target to see if she can find some rain boots for the playground. It's hopefully time to put the sorrels away, but not too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment