Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Meanderings

I don't have a good title, and I don't really have a good blog idea. I'm sick with a cough and a fever, so this might not be too coherent. :) I just need to write something, anything! You see, this is blog number99! I can't very well write blog 100 if I don't have a 99.

Work, other than the latest plague, is good. I am so loving having my own class again. There have been a couple of bumpy parts, as there will be when you find your place with a new group of people, but I am lucky to have Tom with me, and now Anna has joined the staff in the baby room, so I have good friends around me. My own "clique" if you will.

The doings in Madison have sickened and saddened me, but they have woken me up to the importance of voting, no matter how equal the candidates appear. I will be there in April to vote against the old school fix for our city's financial problems, and to vote in a state Supreme Court Justice who will vote to overturn this Walker democrazy business. From now on my voice will be heard, even if it doesn't make a noticeable difference.

On the personal front....... I'm just plugging along. I've had dinner in the country, we've had dinner in town. Sam gets passed from house to house and it works well. For now, for me, it works. I still have no interest in dating. I'm liking the life I'm carving out for Milky and myself. I keep thinking that maybe in the spring I'll be ready to start over in that department. We'll see. Technically spring is in two weeks, but I mean real spring here, and that's months away for us yet.

My last blog on politics evidently irritated my little brother, as he has been harassing me with his wife's facebook account for the last several days. According to my sister it was the "right wing nut" comment. Yeah, I don't take it back. I will NEVER take it back. In fact, wingnut could become a permanent nickname. :)

The rest of the family is good. Ashlyn had an orchestra concert this week and is still 1st chair. I missed this one, but our cousin Val was there and so surprised and proud to see Ash tuning up the orchestra! She's getting ready for two soccer leagues this spring, and the little girls are getting ready for their first soccer experience. TAFKAP is working hard with scouts. He just received a bobcat badge, and I hope to see his pinewood derby at the end of the month. Cierra just had conferences at school. They love her, and take good care of her. What more could you ask? She has been communicating a lot more with me when I hang out with her, and that's good to see. (non verbal, but none the less)

Hmmm.... what else? Milkie is good, she wants to play right now so I best get going. Sammy has a bacterial infection on her belly and she's on meds for that, which she loves, because it means getting a pb SAMwich twice a day! Hopefully they clear this nastiness up, Leon hasn't seen much improvement yet.

I believe my upstairs neighbors are stomping their own grapes to make wine. This thought occurred to me at about 5am when I was awoken yet again....... please remember it was also fever induced.

Northern Wisconsin can be a pretty ho- hum place to live. Nothing exciting ever happens, other than the occasional blizzard, which we haven't even had this year. However, I'll keep the 20 below, spring that usually means weeks of nonstop rain, and the cooler by the lake summers. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan. When I watch the news my brain can't even comprehend the reality of what it's seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment