Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Seventh Circle of Hell

Sometimes that's what working with preschoolers feels like. Even to me. I know that most of you wonder how I can do it in the first place, but I honestly wonder how you can put up with adults who definitely should know better by now. At least I can teach the kids not to be so _______ . Just fill in the blank there, too many choices for me to put down one thing.

When I wrote the blog "Snow Snake" this is the kind of day I was referring to. The ones where you never, ever, ever, EVER want to go back again. It wasn't just one thing, it was 50 things that just kept continuing as the day rolled on. Including a toilet overflow. Thanks Val. :) Uh, she didn't overflow it, she just did most of the clean up. I couldn't even run out the door at my appointed time, more nonsense held me back. When I finally did escape I said to my co-teacher. Do NOT call my name. I am NOT coming back. I don't care if there are limbs on the playground. I AM DONE! I snagged my fund raiser pizza from the freezer and ran out the front door!

I always try to find something redeeming about a day. I would hate to waste one, they are a precious gift. So, I'm going to have to say it is the unexpected pizza. Ugh, that's lame, but it's all I've got. OH wait, no it's not. I have rum. Yes, I have rum. I have a little left, and a brand new spanking bottle in the cupboard! It took me over a year (even with Leon's help) to get to the end of this one. I wonder where my life will be when I finish the next one. So I have a pizza, rum and coke, and a new Grey's Anatomy on tonight. That will have to do. Plus, tomorrow is Friday. There is definitely that!! Hey, I just remembered, I grabbed the book "Jo's Boys" from the library. Perhaps it's time for a quiet read. That always settles me down.

Hope you had a good day! I wont tempt fate by saying mine could be worse. :) I've learned that lesson......

No comments:

Post a Comment