Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Holy Rainboots Batman!


Robin!

I saw my first robin of "Spring" 2011! It was 34 degrees outside, with a slow misty rain steadily leaking from a grey sky, but there she was perched on the back fence at Kate's house. Kate was walking though the dining room and spotted her sitting there. The robin was probably wondering why she calls this place home, like some of us are this week. I'm happy though, it was supposed to be 2-4 inches of s.n.o.w. I'll take the rain thank you very much.

I also saw two seagulls flying through Kate and Tom's backyard this afternoon, so psycho Superior Spring must really be happening. Old man winter has to be on the way back north if the seagulls are out. I also heard a lot of chirping outside of my own house today, even though it was raining and cold. The birds are definitely returning to northern Wisconsin.

Kate and I spent some time today planning an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Even at the end of April that kind of event is a crap shoot in this neck of the woods. Here's hoping for our sake, and the poor robin's that the weather shapes up by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment