Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Rude Awakening

Good morning..... I may not have mentioned that I am really not a morning person, although I am enjoying a good cup of coffee, a big breakfast, and the sun that is streaming through my living room windows. Milkie wishes you a good morning too, she's been up since 5 or so, bothering me off and on. She is perched at the bird feeder at the moment, and she's probably been asking me to open the window blinds for the last few hours. I was asleep, or trying to be. Why can't she just lift the blinds with her head like a normal cat?? The other two always just creeped behind them.

At 8 am the phone rang. Now, no one in my life is calling me on a Sat morning at 8am. They all know that rule. So I am awake and out of bed like a shot. "What's wrong with who now?" Grab the phone...... and it's Abdul from India with a credit card offer for my EX HUSBAND. Seriously??? Saturday morning, FAIL. Not only am I wide awake, but now I'm mad at him. Which is not rational, but works for me. Like my mother used to say when I was in trouble at school and told her I didn't do it. "Well, then it's punishment for all of the things she didn't catch you doing." Yes, that's right. My Mommy didn't call the principal, call the teacher, raise the roof, etc. She knew her child.......

So, what to do with this early start? Blog of course. I wish I could channel some of this writing energy into one of the projects I have lying around here. This appears to be the only thing that appeals to me at the moment, but it's writing, so I like it. :) I think 10 am is an appropriate time to wake my neighbors with the vacuum. I would like to do it at 5am, cause payback is a bitch, but there are two other neighbors (who I like) to consider.

Ashlyn is at her first JV soccer game today! It's an away game or else I would attend since I'm up already. Hope that goes well for her. Should be a busy spring. We have JV soccer, Pablo is signed up for baseball, and the little ones are signed up for soccer at the Y. OH, and kudos to Pablo! Ugh, I mean Paul. He won all five races of his pinewood derby! Go TAFKAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment