Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bless the Beasts and Children

I think that is the title of a Christmas carol, but I could be wrong about that.  It could be the title for a book about my life. HMMMMMMmmmmm 

I am spending a few days playing stay at home Mom while my sister is in the cities getting all the hardware in her head checked out.  She has to do this every six months right now, just to make sure everything is where it should be.  In the past I have tried to work during these days, but it is just too darn stressful.  The real reason I don't have kids: I never in my life want to be a full time working Mom.  I've never been in a place where that wouldn't have to be the case, thus no kids.  It isn't the only reason, but it's the biggie.  That and the "I haven't met the man I would want to share joint custody with." reason.  Although that might not be the case anymore.  There are actually two that I could think of offhand, and that has to be some kind of a miracle. :)  NO, my biological clock is NOT ticking.  That thing wound down years ago. 

Cbiscuit has been a very good girl so far.  Now that she's on different medication we don't have to get up three times every night.  That is a major bonus.  Sleeping in my sisters room with the two dogs, is not.  The new one, Buddy, went insane when I tried to kennel him.  Once I got him in there I swear he would have chewed me to pieces if he had managed to get out.  I thought, "Oh here we go." but then he settled in.  Sky slept down by him, so it was all good for about two hours.  Then Sky climbed up with me, and while Buddy didn't carry on he thumps around a LOT in the kennel, waking me up every half hour or so.  Plus I'm not fond of sleeping with hundred pound dog who traps the covers. 

When I left today to come home and visit with Milkie, we again had WW3 at kennel time.  I even had his favorite treat.  I tossed it in, but he wouldn't go.  Then we just sat sadly together outside of the kennel door.  I told him I know he misses his Mama, and that he just needed to be a good boy, and we snuggled a bit, til I shoved him in.  All Kujo on me again and I just had to hold the door shut til he stopped and I could latch it.  Tom mentioned that his attitude is driving them crazy, and they hope it will settle down once he has his little procedure next month.  I forgot about that.  Poor Buddy. :) 

Milkie is pissed off with a capital P.  I was gone all night and I came home smellin' like dogs.  Wait til she figures out that I'm leaving again shortly and will be gone until tomorrow..... While she hasn't bitten me in almost a month, I'm pretty sure that's how this is all going to end.

So my sister is currently having the angeogram, hopefully things will all just be status quo.  We usually have a reprieve between these episodes, and are certainly due.  I am about to go and take a shower for the final step in my hair coloring procedure.  I don't know why I couldn't be happy as a stay at home Mom, this is not tough.  The boredom is what would get me, within a week.

Oh look, Milkie is in the Christmas tree again.......  *sigh*

When we said prayers last night I said "Bless Mama and Papa, and GOD HELP AUNTIE".   Whether CC understood that or not, she laughed her head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment