Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Her Majesty's Throne

Here is my new chair!  Ok, not new exactly, but new to me anyway.  As most of you know, I am only five feet tall.  Chairs usually leave my feet dangling, but this low rider lets me touch my toes to the ground.  It also allows my short legs to curl up and be comfy.  It's the perfect reading spot, tv spot, and it's a straight back, so if I were ever to get a wild crafting hair again I could comfortably crochet, cross stitch, or plastic canvas in it.

The chair is a left over from Fitgers ( the five diamond hotel/motel complex my x was an accountant for) that Steve grabbed onto during a remodel of the facility.  There were two others, and a hide-a-bed up for grabs during the move yesterday, but this chair was all I had room for, or interest in.  Well, I took back my plant stand too.......but that is still sitting in the dining room awaiting a space.  I have to think about it a bit.

My new throne was just going to go into this odd corner I have in the dining room, mostly for looks or an extra seat when family is over, but while moving it through I slid it into this spot to get it out of my way and voila!  Of course Ms. Milk claimed it as her own immediately, which always seems to be the way of cats and new furniture.  She'll never give up her favorite spot by the window though, too much bird activity.  This chair offers me an excellent view of the "hood" and the feeder too, and sometimes I just like to stare out the window and dream....... or plot my world domination.......

It's the perfect throne for me.  One of my favorite colors, perfect fit, size, etc.  It's a little used, and a little worn in places, but still standing proud and tall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment