Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Star Spangled Sam

Apparently in the world of dog custody, the Fourth of July belongs to me.  Now normally I would be all excited that Sammy was coming to stay for a long weekend, and I really am glad down deep somewhere, but the welling up of feeling is kind of blocking that right now.

You see, the Fourth of July is when Leon and I really started our relationship.  So the last three 4ths have been pretty darn special, although he was never aware until I reminded him.  He's that kind of guy.  So I will give him the benefit of the doubt on that part of it. 

So once again here I am, all "I've got this.  I'm over it.  It's all good.  Look at me, I'm so special."  Then I get an email that just says Sam.  So of course first off I think something has happened to Sam.  Then I read it, and something happens to me.  I'm crushed.  I knew there weren't going to be any bonfires, or fireworks in our very special spot.  No twizzlers, tea, or beefsticks this year.  He needs a dog sitter so he can go out of town, and in my mind of course that is with someone, or to visit someone.  I have some other plans in the works to kind of help me through the day...........I didn't expect to have a star spangled reminder hiding  in the bathroom, VERY upset because she does NOT like the Fourth of July.  Honestly it would be kinder at this point for him to just stick a knife right through my heart and be done with it.

Yes, I am aware, very aware, that I could have said no.  Then I wouldn't get to spend time with Sam.  Shoot, I really thought I had a handle on this crap.  I can do this.  Seems like maybe the universe is telling me I have to.  I just have to make it through this one day and maybe then I'll be home free.  Even though it's the big one.  I'll look at it as Sam coming to give me her comfort, like she always does, have lots of plans available..........watch a Capital Fourth and forget the fireworks this year. 

I am hard on myself I know, so I should actually mention that I've made some progress, shown some actual interest in a few other people, and if a certain bee charmer were free.........well.........things would be different.  It is what it is, and I will make the best of it.  You know me, it's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment