Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Scoop

A week has gone by since my last post, and you all know that if things had gone well I would have been in here "bubbling" my head off.  I don't mean to say that they didn't go well exactly......

I had a great visit with Dave, and thoroughly enjoyed the company.  Lets just say that I now know that I am far from ready for a relationship.  Ok, to be honest, I already knew that.  I also freely admitted to Dave that I still have feelings for Leon.  I've have been nothing but honest about it.  I guess I just hoped that enough time had gone by for me to move forward, at least a little.  Yeah........ not so much.

I am slightly mortified that someone drove all that way to spend time with me, only to have me close up tight like a clam shell.  I would have helped it if I could have, and I have apologized, and do here apologize again.  When the karma comes around from this one I will know that I deserve it.

Do I regret it?  No.  I don't.  I took a chance, and now I know.  Although I'm a tad concerned that seven months is too long to still feel like this, and also concerned that at this point I would welcome Crazy Catladydom with OPEN arms......maybe after Kate's surgery we'll look into getting Milkie a brother or sister.

Milkie would like me to mention that she did behave herself like the little lady she is.  No biting!  Also that she doesn't want a brother or sister. :)

On a better note, I got two pics back from the X, and they look FABULOUS in my dining room!  I actually met him 20 years ago, yesterday.  I was thinking about that as I helped him move some of his things out of the last home we shared together into the family home that will now be his.  All of the things the two of us have been to each other over the last 20 years, the good times, the bad.......the horrific.  All four of our parents were living when we met, now all four are gone.  The bright eyed CHILD I was at 21 (we all think we're so grown up) and the bright eyed child that I still am......with some bumps and bruises.  I actually got teary eyed driving down the road between the houses at the nostalgia of it all. 

I choose to call it PMS. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment