Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pals O' Mine

The theme of this week has been friendship.  Specifically spending time catching up with old and dear friends.  Life gets so busy, sometimes we ( I ) take things like friends for granted.  Hey, they're my friend, they'll always be there when I squeeze out some time...... right?  Well, hopefully that is the case.  I am really trying to do better in this department.

So this week I've had lunch with Darrin, who I haven't seen in a year, although he lives literally two blocks away.  We do chat on facebook or yahoo from time to time, but it isn't the same as sitting down with a frosty mug of A&W Root Beer, that's for sure!  I visited for an hour or so with Leslie, who also lives close, but I just rarely seem to find the time to stop and chat, and now this evening I went to dinner with Nan, who lives in the "cities" but is up this week visiting family.  We reconnected on facebook and have been doing dinners/lunches for about the last year or so, whenever she's in town.  Tomorrow is happy hour, with Lisa, Kerri has something else going on.  Saturday I will help my friend Steve (x hub) move, and see another old friend of ours, Basil, that I rarely get to visit with anymore.  I didn't get him in the divorce. :)

So I'm sitting here wondering what  my point is, if I do in fact have one.  Possibly that friendships are important and we shouldn't neglect them?  Well, perhaps in this day and age it's almost impossible not to.  My best childhood friend and I are horrible at staying connected on a regular basis.  There is an invisible thread that ties us together though, no matter what.  We live very separate lives, but she knows me, the real me, and I know her.  We always pick up like just yesterday we were hanging out at her house, drinking iced tea and playing jarts......... or listening to Quarterflash and playing Space Invaders on Atari. Yes, Atari.  Google it kids.  I'm too tired to explain.

2 comments:

  1. Quarterflash!!! Love it!! I can totally see you two doing that and playing jarts and Space Invaders. Or, dancing to Thriller in her living room. <3 Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were the days! Speaking of friends that I need to catch up with!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete