Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Fireworks

♫ Baby you're a firework ♫  I LOVE that song.  I love fireworks, Katie Perry, and songs about girl power, so it works for me!

I was telling my sister while hoofing it to the car from the parade this noon that I could tell you where I was and what I was doing  for just about every fourth of my life.  I really like this holiday.  I also know that it's more than just parades, bbq's and fireworks.  Thanks to all of you who have served our great country.  I always get choked up at the beginning of the parade when the older vets and the flags pass by.  If the jets do a fly over, I'm a goner.

Today was Cierra's first parade!  She doesn't always care for crowds, and loud unexpected noises, so it was hard to tell how it would go.  We went in with the attitude that we would just try and not plan to stay, but she loved it!  She kept waiving at the groups, saying "bye- bye" and of course taking my hand and making me wave too.  Kicked her heels in her stroller to the beat of the drums, and tried to make me dance a few times for the crowd.  It was fun to see her enjoy herself.  We left after an hour because it was so stinking hot!  I know.  I complain because I'm freezing, then it's too hot.  However, one day it was 60 then two days later it's 90.  Where did the middle ground go??

I've done really well today.  Slept in a little bit......minus getting up with Sam at 6 and again at 6:45.  Then off to the parade with Kate and CeCe.  I didn't give the significance of the day any thought until Kate and I were talking about fourths as we walked back to the car.  Then a bit of relaxing and off to Kerri and Ben's for a terrific Bacon Blue Burger!  MMMMmmmm Superior Meats!  So no, this is not the worst fourth ever.  That one would be tagged to my X husband five years ago, and then on that 5th of July..... writing my first rent check for this apartment. 

I have "A Capital Fourth" on my TV at the moment, and there's another special on later on NBC.  I think that will do for my fireworks this evening.  There are a few people who I honestly wouldn't mind snuggling up with at the fireworks in town........but none of that is possible, this year anyway.  I will have my firework time with Sam and Milkie, and that's enough for now.

Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment