Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Swingin' Six!

HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY CIERRA RUTHMARIE!

The Meys' side of CeCe's family spent yesterday afternoon at Turtle Park, having brownie's and Capri Sun, opening gifts, and there were goovers running around all over the place, like the little nuts they are.  Kate wasn't really feeling well enough this year for the birthday party extravaganza, although she is doing fine.  This alternative worked out perfectly!  The kids might disagree, as it was supposed to be held at Pablo's swimming pool, but the weather did not co-operate.

When you look at this picture, you see a little girl on a swing.  When I look at this picture I see CeCe able to hold herself up, hang on, and balance.  It's the first time I've seen her do that on a big swing.  It's the first time I've had the opportunity to push her on a swing at a park.  That is due to her parents and the amazing staff at Bryant Elementary in Superior, WI working with her over, and over, and over!

When you look at this picture, you see an african american child with Down Syndrome.  I see a beautiful, headstrong, determined little girl, who by her own standards is growing by leaps and bounds.  I also heard her say "bubble" yesterday when she and Paul were playing bubbles.  That was also a first for me.  In fact I have heard a lot of new words lately.  Again, due to her parents, and the community of people who are basically raising this little girl together.  I am very proud and honored to be one of those people!

Happy Birthday CeCe BUTT!  (yeah....that's the one I taught her to say.....except now she calls me butt......it kind of backfired....)  I love you angel ♥ even if I don't show it when you wake me up at 4am for no reason! 

No comments:

Post a Comment